Technical Support Team Leader
Report to: Directors / Operations Manager
Division: Cape Town
Overall job objective: The Technical Support Leader is responsible for leading, developing, mentoring and auditing the quality control for the Technical Support Team. This position is located in Westlake at our Cape Town office.
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the duties and responsibilities of the Technical Support Leader include but are not limited to:
- Leading and mentoring the Technical Support Team, performing scheduled staff reviews, communicating and adhering to new procedures, policies and goals.
- Monitoring queues and assisting with daily goals and conducting quality control to reduce errors to improve procedures.
- Together with the Operations Manager establishing, recommending and implementing policies to ensure quality, timely and efficient design of customer oriented services.
- Working effectively with other teams implementing strategies to increase profitability, productivity and overall client experience.
- Auditing customer accounts to ensure accuracy of information.
- Handling escalated issues from customers.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including communication, mentoring, coaching, and the ability to interact with colleagues at all levels. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work with minimal supervision and be a team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Dynamic, energetic, motivated, positive outlook Skilled in a computerized work environment utilizing:
- Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel
- Support Desk Software
- PBX/Telephony System
- Good understanding of Offsite Data Backups, Antivirus, Firewalls, DNS, Hosted Exchange, Outlook, Virtual Machines, TCP/IP, Remote Desktop
- Relevant IT Qualification: MCSE or equivalent
- Previous experience in a leadership or management role, preferably in the IT sector.
- Excellent communication skills with a strong customer focus
- Bilingual: English and Afrikaans