Senior Account Manager - Draas
Report to: Directors
Division: Cape Town/Johannesburg
Overall job objective: Technical Specialist - Develop and sustain new sales channels, and contact, establish and maintain a good working relationship with IronTree partners and end-users.
The Objectives Of The Role Include
- Ensures that IT can provide minimum agreed service levels in cases of disaster, by reducing the risk to an acceptable level and planning for the recovery of IT services.
- Responsible for managing risks that could seriously impact IT services.
- Run this department as a business. From the marketing right through to production and finances.
- Assist business recovery teams in defining resumption plans and preparing for system or facility outages.
- Coordinate, facilitate and provide detailed direction for all disaster recovery testing activities. Collaborates with business unit staff, external business partners and key IT staff members for the purpose of planning, directing, controlling and maintaining an effective testing plan.
- Keep up to date of industry developments, best practices and trends.
- Manage IT risk mitigation processes, technologies and organizational (people) designs. This includes implementing standards and disaster response plan and facilitating resource contingency planning sessions with business teams.
- Plan and coordinate the testing of the enterprise wide Technical Recovery Plan (TRP) program, including policies, maturity models, and methodologies, sourcing strategies, plans, metrics and scorecards for all components of the program
- Protect information assets by planning, coordinating testing and supervising disaster recovery operations.
- Provide leadership in coordinating, assessing and communicating recovery environment requirements associated with the current data centre environment, and participate in new activities, with appropriate technology groups, resulting in recommendations to enable timely, effective decisions regarding data centre recovery planning and execution.
- Responds to corporate business continuity planning requirements by providing advisory and consultancy services to improve business continuity readiness and working within IT to implement necessary recovery mechanisms. This includes the design of effective and efficient technical risk mitigation processes, systems, and people resourcing designs based on corporate business continuity requirements.
- Understand, and assist IT plan and respond to, corporate business continuity strategies and plans.
- Work with financial support function to cost and develop business cases for TRP cases.
- Own the product line from marketing to sales, to the process of service fulfillment.
- Use the available resources : technical, sales and marketing to achieve agreed upon targets.
- This role requires someone that can manage a business within a business. The Unit Chief will operate with its own financial targets and this person will be held accountable for them.
- All marketing and sales strategies will need to be initiated by this person in this role, and fulfilled with the supporting department (marketing & sales)
- Key account management will be expected as the final line of customer support.
- This role will also serve as the final escalation channel for this service.
- Team and department expansion will be expected if and when required.
- Service and process improvement will be expected as and when required.
- Product innovation will be expected from time to time.
- Relevant market knowledge and leading competitor insights will be required.
- Educated to degree level
- Significant experience in senior management
- Strong marketing skills and understanding of communication discipline.
- Exemplary client service skills with the ability to maintain and extend client relationships
- Excellent time management, numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Fluent, clear and articulate verbal communication, with the ability to convey interest and enthusiasm when presenting
- Ability to take charge of a situation when necessary and to lead, motivate and influence others
- Proven leadership in managing teams and mentoring individuals
- 5 years working in IT Security and in progressively more senior IT roles
- Experience in a security and risk function, including identification of risk and associated risk mitigation